Experts advise that should the CDC be banned from using certain words, it could give rise to at least 7 harmful consequences.
Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have been informed to stop using certain terms in documents to be used in next year's budget.
The 40th annual CDC report summarizes health trends in the US, including an increase in life expectancy and a decrease in infant mortality.
The CDC has released a toolkit to help individuals protect themselves against Lyme and other tickborne diseases.
According to the CDC, despite reductions in certain parts of the country, the amount of opioids being prescribed remains high compared with levels in 1999, with variations mostly seen at the county level.
One in four adults in America report an arthritis diagnosis, with the number of individuals disabled by the disease up 20% since 2002, according to a report from the CDC.
The use of any complementary health approach for any reasons was significantly higher for those with vs those without a musculoskeletal pain disorder (41.6 vs 24.1%).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis