Generic Name and Formulations:
Aztreonam 75mg/vial; pwd for inhalation via nebulization after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Indications for CAYSTON:
To improve respiratory symptoms in cystic fibrosis patients with Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Adults and Children:
<7yrs: not established. Use a short-acting bronchodilator 15 minutes to 4 hours before each dose; or a long-acting bronchodilator 30 minutes to 12 hours before starting therapy. >7yrs: 75mg (1 vial) by nebulization three times daily (at least 4 hours apart) for 28 days. Use Altera Nebulizer only.
Monobactam or beta-lactam allergy. FEV<25% or >75% predicted, patients colonized with Burkholderia cepacia: safety/effectiveness not established. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
Do not mix with other drugs in nebulizer.
Cough, nasal congestion, wheezing, pharyngolaryngeal pain, pyrexia, chest discomfort, abdominal pain, vomiting, rash; chest tightness, bronchospasm, allergic reactions (discontinue if occurs).
To support and assist patients with cystic fibrosis contact the Cayston Access Program at (877) 7CAYSTON. Should be administered immediately after reconstitution. Do not reconstitute until ready to administer a dose.
Vials—84 (w. diluent)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis