CARNITOR ORAL SOLUTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levocarnitine 1g/10mL; cherry flavor.
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for CARNITOR ORAL SOLUTION:
Primary systemic or secondary carnitine deficiency.
Consume slowly in divided doses, preferably with meals; may mix in liquids. Initially 1g/day; titrate slowly; range 1–3g/day.
Consume slowly in divided doses, preferably with meals; may mix in liquids. Initially 50mg/kg/day; titrate slowly; range 50–100mg/kg (max 3g) per day.
Obtain baseline carnitine level; monitor blood chemistry, carnitine levels, vital signs, clinical condition. Seizure disorders. Renal insufficiency (oral forms). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Monitor INR with warfarin.
GI upset/pain, body odor, seizures; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occur). Inj: also inj site reactions.
Tabs—90; Oral soln—118mL; Single-dose vials (5mL)—5
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis