Generic Name and Formulations:
Carisoprodol 200mg, aspirin 325mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- GI Safety Compared for NSAIDs in Patients With Arthritis
- Migraines and Risk for Cardiovascular Comorbidities
Indications for Carisoprodol/Aspirin:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
1–2 tabs 4 times daily.
NSAID allergy. Varicella or influenza in teenagers. Coagulation disorders. Porphyria.
Peptic ulcer. Gastritis. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Drug abuse. Monitor blood pressure, BUN, uric acid levels. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Muscle relaxant (central) + salicylate.
Alcohol, CNS depressants, oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, and plasma bound drugs (e.g., methotrexate) potentiated. NSAIDs, corticosteroids and oral anticoagulants increase risk of GI bleeding. Uricosurics antagonized. Urine alkalinizers or acidifiers decrease or increase, respectively, plasma levels of aspirin.
Dizziness, drowsiness, GI upset or bleeding, rash, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension. Rare idiosyncratic reaction (see literature).
Formerly known under the brand name Soma Compound.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Prioritizing Rest in Hospital Settings: Poor Sleep Increases Costs, Complications, and Mortality
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- Addressing Commercial Incentives in the Medical Device Industry
- Cancer Patients Treated With Step III Opioids Often Have Sleep Disturbances
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective