Intrathecal drug delivery systems and spinal cord stimulation have shown promise for the treatment of cancer pain in initial studies.
Individuals with and without cancer may be affected in a similar manner by concerns surrounding opioids that have led to reductions in their prescribing.
Insurance claims and clinical information were linked to examine indicators of high-quality end-of-life care.
Value-based care, an increasingly important concept in oncology, is grounded on the relationship between the efficacy and cost of an anticancer drug.
The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act has not improved workplace discrimination towards patients with chronic illnesses .
Results from the ASCEND study recently published in BioMed Central Neurology indicate that an 8% capsaicin patch is effective in relieving peripheral neuropathic pain resulting from a wide range of etiologies.
One of the more exciting potential uses of frankincense is in the treatment of cancer.
Female cancer patients report positive experiences with aromatherapy massage.
In January 2017, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine released a report titled "The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendation for Research."
Americans who live in rural areas have a higher risk of death from 5 leading causes than people who live in urban locations.
Prevention key to continued progress in fighting cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes.
But higher doses may improve survival in men with intermediate- and high-risk prostate cancers.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Predicting Pain Chronicization After Spine Surgery
- Chronic Low Back Pain Levels Vary Between Sex and Race
- FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
- Errors in Clinical Notes Generated by Speech Recognition Are Not Uncommon
- Effectiveness of Medication for Opioid Use Disorder on Mortality After Overdose Reviewed Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?