Intrathecal drug delivery systems and spinal cord stimulation have shown promise for the treatment of cancer pain in initial studies.
Individuals with and without cancer may be affected in a similar manner by concerns surrounding opioids that have led to reductions in their prescribing.
Insurance claims and clinical information were linked to examine indicators of high-quality end-of-life care.
Value-based care, an increasingly important concept in oncology, is grounded on the relationship between the efficacy and cost of an anticancer drug.
The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act has not improved workplace discrimination towards patients with chronic illnesses .
Results from the ASCEND study recently published in BioMed Central Neurology indicate that an 8% capsaicin patch is effective in relieving peripheral neuropathic pain resulting from a wide range of etiologies.
One of the more exciting potential uses of frankincense is in the treatment of cancer.
Female cancer patients report positive experiences with aromatherapy massage.
In January 2017, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine released a report titled "The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendation for Research."
Americans who live in rural areas have a higher risk of death from 5 leading causes than people who live in urban locations.
Prevention key to continued progress in fighting cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes.
But higher doses may improve survival in men with intermediate- and high-risk prostate cancers.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Lower Weighting of Hand Cortical Representations in CRPS
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?