Generic Name and Formulations:
Nebivolol (as HCl) 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg, 20mg; tabs.
Indications for BYSTOLIC:
≥18yrs: initially 5mg once daily. Individualize; may increase at 2-week intervals; max 40mg/day. Severe renal or moderate hepatic impairment: initially 2.5mg once daily.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh >B). Severe bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Overt heart failure. Sick sinus syndrome (unless paced).
CHF. Angina. Recent MI. Bronchospastic disease. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Severe renal impairment. Moderate hepatic impairment. Avoid abrupt cessation (taper over 1–2 weeks). Surgery. Peripheral vascular disease. Pheochromocytoma. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with phenylalkylamine and benzothiazepine calcium channel blockers (eg, verapamil, diltiazem), antiarrhythmics (eg, disopyramide), digoxin, reserpine, guanethidine; monitor. May be potentiated by CYP2D6 inhibitors (eg, quinidine, propafenone, paroxetine, fluoxetine); may need to reduce dose. If on both nebivolol and clonidine, discontinue nebivolol before tapering clonidine. May block epinephrine.
Headache, fatigue, dizziness, GI upset.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer