In patients with chronic spinal pain, neuroscience education coupled with cognitive motor control training may result in greater improvements in pain, central sensitization, and disability compared with standard physiotherapy.
Interbrain coupling of areas implicated in pain processing may be enhanced when romantic partners hold hands while 1 of the 2 is subjected to pain.
Pain management in athletes requires a clear understanding of the different types of pain and various factors that can contribute to pain in this population.
Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms following motor vehicle collisions contribute substantially to ongoing axial pain throughout the year following the accident.
An individual's pain experience depends on a complex interaction between various biological, environmental, psychological, and societal factors.
Improved classification of chronic pain offers the opportunity to more effectively blend psychological intervention with a biomedical approach to manage chronic pain.
This biopsychosocial approach emphasizes a management approach to a disorder, as opposed to a "curative" one.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis