Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide dinitrate 20mg, hydralazine HCl 37.5mg; scored tabs.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for BIDIL:
Heart failure (HF) in black patients, as adjunct to standard treatment, to improve survival, prolong time to hospitalization for HF, and improve patient-reported functional status.
Limitations Of use:
Not established in NYHA Class IV HF.
Initially 1 tab 3 times daily, may reduce to ½ tab 3 times daily if not tolerated; titrate as tolerated after 3–5 days. Max 2 tabs 3 times daily.
Allergy to organic nitrates. Concomitant PDE5 inhibitors (eg, avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), or riociguat.
Correct volume/salt depletion prior to initiation. Hypotension. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Discontinue if syncope occurs. Give pyridoxine if peripheral neuritis occurs. Hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vasodilators (nitrate + direct-acting).
See Contraindications. Severe hypotension with PDE5 inhibitors or riociguat.
Headache (usually transient), dizziness, asthenia, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, sinusitis, tachycardia, paresthesia, amblyopia; SLE.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics