Generic Name and Formulations:
Levobunolol HCl 0.5%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride, sodium metabisulfite.
Indications for BETAGAN:
Open-angle glaucoma. Ocular hypertension.
1–2 drops of 0.5% 1–2 times daily. Remove contact lenses prior to administration; may reinsert 15mins later.
Bronchial asthma. Severe COPD. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock.
Mild or moderate COPD, bronchospastic disease; not recommended. Impair compensatory tachycardia. Increase risk of hypotension. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Choroidal detachment after filtration procedures. Diminished pulmonary function. Cerebrovascular insufficiency. Angle-closure glaucoma. Myasthenia. Withdraw gradually before surgery. Discontinue at first sign of cardiac failure. Vascular insufficiency (eg, Raynaud's phenomenon). Sulfite sensitivity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with systemic β-blockers, digitalis, calcium blockers, reserpine, phenothiazine-related drugs. Mydriasis with epinephrine.
Transient ocular burning, stinging, blepharoconjunctivitis, bradycardia, hypotension, iridocyclitis, headache, transient ataxia, dizziness, lethargy, urticaria, pruritus, decreased corneal sensitivity; systemic absorption (bronchospasm, cardiac failure).
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- FDA Approves Minimally-Invasive, Non-Drug Therapy for Pain Management
- Chronic Migraine and Medication Overuse Headache Linked to Stress
- Set of Personality Traits May Predict Prescription Drug Use, Misuse in Young Adults
- The Opioid Crisis: District by District
- Opioid Administration, Prescribing in the ED on the Decline in Recent Years