BENADRYL ALLERGY LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphenhydramine HCl 12.5mg/5mL; cherry flavor; dye- and sugar-free, bubble-gum flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 15mg/5mL.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for BENADRYL ALLERGY LIQUID:
Symptoms of upper respiratory allergies. Rhinorrhea/sneezing due to common cold.
25–50mg every 4–6hrs; max 300mg/day.
<6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 12.5–25mg every 4–6hrs; max 150mg/day.
Neonates. Premature infants. Acute asthma. Concomitant diphenhydramine products (including topicals).
Asthma and lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. Hyperthyroidism. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. GI or urinary obstruction. Sodium-restricted diet. Children. Pregnancy (Cat.B in 3rd trimester): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Potentiates anticholinergic effects with MAOIs.
Drowsiness, dizziness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Caps—24, 48; Tabs—24, 48, 100; Dye-free softgels—24; Allergy Liq—4oz, 8oz; Dye-free Liq—4oz; Inj—contact supplier
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis