BAYER MIGRAINE FORMULA OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 250mg, aspirin 250mg, caffeine 65mg; per caplet.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for BAYER MIGRAINE FORMULA:
≥18yrs: 2 caplets with a glass of water. Max 2 caplets/24hours.
<18yrs: not recommended.
NSAID allergy. Varicella, vaccinia in children and teenagers. 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Persistent or unresponsive headache. History of asthma or peptic ulcer. Impaired hepatic or renal function. Hypertension. Bleeding disorders. Erosive gastritis. Diabetes. Gout. Elderly (>60yrs). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Analgesic + salicylate.
See Contraindications. May potentiate anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate. Urinary alkalinizers, antacids, corticosteroids may increase aspirin excretion. May antagonize uricosurics, spironolactone. Increased risk of liver toxicity and/or GI bleed with alcohol.
Gastric upset, prolonged bleeding time, urticaria, anaphylaxis, nervousness, irritability, insomnia, tachycardia; overdosage: salicylism, hepatoxicity.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- FDA Approves Minimally-Invasive, Non-Drug Therapy for Pain Management
- Chronic Migraine and Medication Overuse Headache Linked to Stress
- Set of Personality Traits May Predict Prescription Drug Use, Misuse in Young Adults
- The Opioid Crisis: District by District
- Opioid Administration, Prescribing in the ED on the Decline in Recent Years