A novel standardized spinal cord stimulation workflow may effectively and consistently alleviate back and leg pain associated with Failed Back Surgery Syndrome.
Administration of hyaluronidase and corticosteroid methylprednisolone acetate to the epidural space during epiduroscopy for failed back surgery-related radicular pain may improve back pain and disability at 1 year.
Patients with a lumbar disc herniation and associated back pain may experience improvements in back pain, leg pain, and disability 12 months after single- or 2-level lumbar discectomy.
Abdominoplasty in the postpartum population improves low back pain and urinary incontinence.
Less than one-third of patients with new-onset inflammatory back pain were found to progress to spondyloarthritis during a 13-year period, while most resolved to inflammatory back pain.
Lumbopelvic pain in well-functioning older adults was found to be associated with greater walking-related energy expenditure and reduced walking endurance compared with individuals without lumbopelvic pain.
Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections Effective for Pain Relief in Lumbar Foraminal Spinal StenosisFebruary 13, 2018
Transforaminal epidural steroid injections may be more effective in relieving pain in patients with mild to moderate vs severe lower extremity radicular pain associated with lumbar foraminal spinal stenosis.
Individuals with chronic headache and episodic headache may have a higher prevalence of back pain compared with patients with no headache, and back pain may be associated with lower cephalic and extracephalic pressure pain thresholds in patients with chronic vs episodic headache or no headache.
The US Preventive Services Task Force has updated its recommendations on screening for idiopathic scoliosis in asymptomatic adolescents.
Women who were treated as adolescents with a restrictive Milwaukee brace during adolescence may be at higher risk for experiencing low back pain and neck-related disabilities in adulthood.
Rainfall may not be associated with joint or back pain in older Medicare beneficiaries.
Mental disorders are positively associated with subsequent self-reported chronic back and/or neck pain, with a clear dose-response relationship between the number of mental disorders and subsequent pain.
Several strong clinician predictors of low-value imaging, such as ordering low-value imaging on a prior patient, high rates of low-value imaging in another clinical scenario, and ownership of imaging equipment, can help guide intervention targets to improve the value of care for patients.
Radiofrequency denervation of thoracic facet joints may provide pain relief comparable to that achieved for cervical and lumbar facet joints.
Interactive voice response-based CBT is as effective as in-person CBT for patients with chronic back pain.
NSAIDs do not help most patients with back pain, according to a review published in the Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases.
The Senza system reduced back pain an average of 5 points, compared to 3 points for traditional stimulation.
These findings lay the groundwork for further consideration of OMT as a supplementary approach to standard care.
The lack of evidence base for treating chronic pain with neurostimulation resulted in the development of guideline recommendations based on systematic review and meta-analysis of published studies.
Paresthesia-free spinal cord stimulation (SCS) with 10-kHz high-frequency (HF10) therapy was superior to traditional SCS for long-term treatment of intractable back and leg pain.
Results showed a significant link between serum vitamin C concentrations and the prevalence of low back pain.
Addressing chronic pain in veterans
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis