While maintaining an acceptable level of diagnostic image quality, simple methods could help reduce CT radiation exposure.
Women who were treated as adolescents with a restrictive Milwaukee brace during adolescence may be at higher risk for experiencing low back pain and neck-related disabilities in adulthood.
Variable and unpredicted perturbations to the spine may lead to increased muscle strength and pain reduction in patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain.
Radiofrequency denervation of thoracic facet joints may provide pain relief comparable to that achieved for cervical and lumbar facet joints.
Patients with low back pain who are depressed are more likely to be prescribed opioids, and to be prescribed higher doses.
Meta-analysis indicates short-term NSAID use is generally safe and can relieve pain, but lacks clinically important benefits.
For patients with acute low back pain, the combination of diazepam plus naproxen does not improve functional outcomes or pain compared with naproxen use alone.
"The intra-articular PRP injection is an effective treatment modality in low back pain involving SIJ," the authors write.
According to Dr Mackey, successful enactment of the NPS will allow clinicians to "treat chronic pain as the chronic disease [they] know it to be, and as the public health crisis that [they] know it is."
Results showed a significant link between serum vitamin C concentrations and the prevalence of low back pain.
More lumbar surgeries in patients undergoing discography, and more medical visits, work loss, pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer