Low-dose of amitriptyline may be safe, tolerable and effective for reducing neck pain, disability, and sleep disturbances in patients with idiopathic or non-traumatic chronic neck pain.
Researchers identified characteristics associated with pain improvement in patients with fibromyalgia who take antidepressant medications.
Limited data suggest antidepressants, topical capsaicin, and fat grafting may reduce pain associated with post-mastectomy pain syndrome, but more and better studies are needed to determine optimal management for this debilitating condition.
Death and serious outcomes resulting from overdose or poisoning from drugs used to treat depression more than doubled during the last decade and a half, found a recent study, with amitriptyline topping the list.
A combination of treatment with CBT and the tricyclic antidepressant amitriptyline led to greater improvements in youth with chronic migraine compared with treatment with headache education and amitriptyline.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is an effective nonpharmacologic treatment that should be considered as a first-line therapy for pediatric migraine.
Symptoms of diabetic peripheral neuropathy include lower-extremity weakness, in addition to tingling, pain and burning.
Ultimately, the trial was stopped early for futility, as an interim analysis suggested that there would be no significant difference in benefit for the preventive medications vs placebo on migraine headache frequency.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Lower Weighting of Hand Cortical Representations in CRPS
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?