Alprazolam Intensol CIV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Alprazolam 1mg/mL; oral soln (concentrate).
West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corp.
Indications for Alprazolam Intensol:
Mix with liquid or semi-solid food. Adjust at intervals of at least 3–4 days. ≥18yrs: initially 0.25–0.5mg 3 times daily; max 4mg daily in divided doses. Elderly, debilitated, or advanced liver disease: initially 0.25mg 2–3 times daily.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Acute narrow angle glaucoma. Concomitant itraconazole, ketoconazole.
Not for use in untreated open-angle glaucoma. Reevaluate periodically. Change dose gradually. Withdrawal symptoms on abrupt cessation or dose reduction. Suicidal ideation. Psychosis. Mania. Renal, cardiovascular, hepatic, pulmonary dysfunction (monitor). Obesity. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications; other azole antifungals: not recommended. Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, psychotropics, anticonvulsants, other CNS depressants. Potentiated by CYP3A inhibitors; reduce alprazolam dose; caution with cimetidine, nefazodone, fluvoxamine; caution with weaker CYP3A inhibitors (eg, fluoxetine, propoxyphene, oral contraceptives). Antagonized by CYP3A inducers (eg, carbamazepine). May increase levels of imipramine, desipramine.
CNS depression; impaired memory, coordination, or attention; dysarthria, ataxia, arthralgia, dyspnea, paradoxical excitement, increased salivation, withdrawal seizures, tremors, decreased libido, sexual dysfunction.
Soln—30mL (w. dropper)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis