Affordable Care Act
California Attorney General Xavier Becerra pledged to lead the fight to protect the Affordable Care Act.
Concierge medicine gives many patients an attractive alternative to accessing health services, but is this model of healthcare sustainable?
Passage of the Consolidated Appropriations Act and of the AHCA leaves large holes in the funding of the proposed national approach to infectious disease control.
If the employer's plan is deemed unaffordable, families and individuals now have the ability to purchase insurance at a lower cost through the ACA marketplace.
On May 4, 2017, the House of Representatives passed the American Health Care Act by a narrow margin, even though the Congressional Budget Office had not officially reviewed and reported on the bill's impact.
Republicans need to reach a challenging consensus on many difficult points if they want to fulfill President Trump's commitment to provide better coverage with more affordable premiums and lower deductibles.
President Trump's executive order, aimed at cutting the cost of healthcare services and insurance and thus cutting down on services, may not impact the Affordable Care Act.
The challenges to providing optimal levels of healthcare for people using Medicaid systems are many-fold.
Healthcare reform, in its various permutations, has been a political hot potato since before 1993.
On February 7, 2017, CNN hosted an interesting debate between Bernie Sanders, Independent senator of Vermont, and Ted Cruz, Republican senator from Texas, regarding the future of the Affordable Care Act.
A majority of primary care doctors oppose full repeal of the Affordable Care Act.
The American College of Physicians (ACP) sent a letter to Capitol Hill this week, urging the new Republican-controlled Congress to refrain from repealing the Affordable Care Act.
The ACA is likely to be partially or fully repealed, though it is uncertain how physician practices and the benefits of the 20 million newly-insured will be affected.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- FDA to Review Long-Acting Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Half of Patients Referred for Behavioral Treatment of Migraine Never Initiate Treatment
- Low-Dose Sumatriptan Injection Effective as Acute Migraine Treatment
- The Fight for Patient Privacy Under Big Data Analytics