Baseline depressive symptoms were associated with pain and disability in adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Researchers conducted an open-label prospective study to assess the use of single-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation for the management of migraine headache in adolescents.
Adolescent patients with chronic pain may be more likely to suffer from alexithymia.
The researchers conducted a longitudinal Web-based study called the Chronic Migraine Epidemiology and Outcomes study with cross-sectional modules that assessed an array of migraine-related outcomes
Researchers reviewed survey results to determine whether adolescents with chronic headache might benefit from either a 1-time comprehensive evaluation and management plan or standard care.
Intravenous acetaminophen with or without ketorolac is associated with reduced opioid consumption and cost of care after scoliosis surgery in adolescents.
Adolescents exposed to violence or terror attacks have an increased risk for daily and weekly migraine and tension-type headache following the event.
For adolescents, medical and nonmedical use of prescription opioids has declined in recent years.
Teenagers with prescription opioid exposures are more likely to have health care facility admission and serious medical outcomes than younger children.
Only a small percentage of adolescents undergoing treatment for severe opioid use disorders are receiving medication therapy to manage their condition.
Ultimately, the trial was stopped early for futility, as an interim analysis suggested that there would be no significant difference in benefit for the preventive medications vs placebo on migraine headache frequency.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Lower Weighting of Hand Cortical Representations in CRPS
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?