Baseline depressive symptoms were associated with pain and disability in adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Researchers conducted an open-label prospective study to assess the use of single-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation for the management of migraine headache in adolescents.
Adolescent patients with chronic pain may be more likely to suffer from alexithymia.
The researchers conducted a longitudinal Web-based study called the Chronic Migraine Epidemiology and Outcomes study with cross-sectional modules that assessed an array of migraine-related outcomes
Researchers reviewed survey results to determine whether adolescents with chronic headache might benefit from either a 1-time comprehensive evaluation and management plan or standard care.
Intravenous acetaminophen with or without ketorolac is associated with reduced opioid consumption and cost of care after scoliosis surgery in adolescents.
Adolescents exposed to violence or terror attacks have an increased risk for daily and weekly migraine and tension-type headache following the event.
For adolescents, medical and nonmedical use of prescription opioids has declined in recent years.
Teenagers with prescription opioid exposures are more likely to have health care facility admission and serious medical outcomes than younger children.
Only a small percentage of adolescents undergoing treatment for severe opioid use disorders are receiving medication therapy to manage their condition.
Ultimately, the trial was stopped early for futility, as an interim analysis suggested that there would be no significant difference in benefit for the preventive medications vs placebo on migraine headache frequency.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Factors Associated With Neuropathic Pain in Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- FDA Issues Warning to Companies Selling Kratom-Containing Products
- Recommendations Developed for Managing Postpartum Pain
- Cryoablation Efficacious for Cancer Pain, Review Finds
- Art Intervention Clinically Effective in Treating Cancer-Related Pain, Mood Symptoms
- Pain, Cognitive Dysfunction in SLE Mediated by Sleep Disturbance, Depression