ACZONE 7.5% Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dapsone 7.5%; gel.
Indications for ACZONE 7.5%:
Wash skin and pat dry. Apply pea-sized amount to entire face or other affected area in a thin layer once daily. Rub in gently and completely. Wash hands after use. Reevaluate if no improvement after 12 weeks.
Avoid in congenital or idiopathic methemoglobinemia. G6PD deficiency: may have increased risk of methemoglobinemia or hemolytic anemia; discontinue if occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of hemolysis in G6PD-deficient patients with concomitant trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole, other folic acid antagonists (eg, pyrimethamine), anticonvulsants, rifampin, St. John's wort. Increased risk of methemoglobinemia with concomitant sulfonamides, acetaminophen, chloroquine, nitrates, nitrites, nitrofurantoin, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primaquine, quinine, and others. Skin/hair discoloration with topical benzoyl peroxide.
Application site reactions (oiliness, peeling, dryness, erythema, pruritus).
Gel 5% (tubes)—30g, 60g, 90g; Gel 7.5% (pumps)—30g, 60g, 90g
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis