Generic Name and Formulations:
Haemophilus b conjugate 10mcg (tetanus toxoid conjugate) per 0.5mL; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution with saline, Sanofi Pasteur DTaP, Tripedia.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for ACTHIB:
Combined with supplied saline diluent by reconstitution: for the active immunization of children 2–18 months of age against H. influenzae type b. Combined with Tripedia (DTaP) vaccine by reconstitution: for the active immunization of children 15–18 months of age against H. influenzae type b, diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis.
Inject IM in thigh or deltoid. Reconstituted with DTaP, or saline: <2months: not recommended. As 1st, 2nd, 3rd dose in series: 0.5mL at 2, 4, and 6 months. Reconstituted with Tripedia (DTaP): <15months: not recommended. As 4th dose in series: 0.5mL at 15–18months, then 5th dose at 4–6yrs. Previously unvaccinated children: see literature.
Immunodeficiency/ suppression, malignancies: may get suboptimal response. Delay administration in active infection or fever. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Protection begins 2 weeks after inoculation. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended.
Local pain, redness, swelling, irritability, drowsiness, anorexia, fever, GI upset.
ActHIB may be reconstituted with either supplied saline diluent or Sanofi Pasteur DTaP, Tripedia. TriHIBit is a product of the reconstitution of ActHIB with Tripedia for the 4th dose only.
Single-dose vials—5 (w. saline diluent)
Single-dose vials—5 (w. 5 Tripedia vials as diluent)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis