Calculator had near perfect calibration in validation sample; high degree of discrimination
Trigger point injection with steroids and pulsed radiofrequency treatment of trigger points may effectively relieve pain associated with abdominal myofascial pain syndrome.
A 64-year-old man presents to the emergency department with abdominal pain and distention, as well as constipation of 8 days' duration.
For patients presenting to the emergency department in pain, who are subsequently admitted to the hospital, the cost per hour in moderate or severe pain averted is higher for patient-controlled analgesia vs standard care.
The FDA has accepted the supplemental New Drug Application for Trulance for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation.
A 66-year-old woman with a history of sarcoidosis and hypertension presents to the ED for 4 days with right-sided abdominal pain, vomiting, fever, and mild diarrhea without blood.
The efficiency of self-administered hypnotherapy is equivalent to that of in-office hypnotherapy in relieving pediatric irritable bowel syndrome or functional abdominal pain.
Probiotics may alleviate pain in the short-term in children with recurrent abdominal pain.
A19-year-old female with no past medical history presents with right-sided lower abdominal pain for 2 years.
Treatment with a well-balanced diet, pancreatic enzymes, and antioxidants were effective in relieving chronic pancreatitis-associated pain.
These findings lay the groundwork for further consideration of OMT as a supplementary approach to standard care.
Two cases reported of seniors with atypical presentation, including nonspecific symptoms
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis