A 2-week course of treatment with rifaximin for diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome was found to improve abdominal pain symptoms.
A 90-year-old woman with a history of coronary disease and gallstones presents to the emergency department with generalized abdominal pain that started suddenly about 7 hours prior.
Calculator had near perfect calibration in validation sample; high degree of discrimination
Trigger point injection with steroids and pulsed radiofrequency treatment of trigger points may effectively relieve pain associated with abdominal myofascial pain syndrome.
A 64-year-old man presents to the emergency department with abdominal pain and distention, as well as constipation of 8 days' duration.
For patients presenting to the emergency department in pain, who are subsequently admitted to the hospital, the cost per hour in moderate or severe pain averted is higher for patient-controlled analgesia vs standard care.
The FDA has accepted the supplemental New Drug Application for Trulance for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation.
A 66-year-old woman with a history of sarcoidosis and hypertension presents to the ED for 4 days with right-sided abdominal pain, vomiting, fever, and mild diarrhea without blood.
The efficiency of self-administered hypnotherapy is equivalent to that of in-office hypnotherapy in relieving pediatric irritable bowel syndrome or functional abdominal pain.
Probiotics may alleviate pain in the short-term in children with recurrent abdominal pain.
A19-year-old female with no past medical history presents with right-sided lower abdominal pain for 2 years.
Treatment with a well-balanced diet, pancreatic enzymes, and antioxidants were effective in relieving chronic pancreatitis-associated pain.
These findings lay the groundwork for further consideration of OMT as a supplementary approach to standard care.
Two cases reported of seniors with atypical presentation, including nonspecific symptoms
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds