Dr Twillman extensively emphasized the fact that these CDC guidelines are expert- and not evidence-based.
Dr Daitz then presented several cases of patients he successfully treated by TPI.
A combination of ketamine infusion treatment and psychotherapy was found to attenuate PTSD manifestation and reduce pain scores.
This biopsychosocial approach emphasizes a management approach to a disorder, as opposed to a "curative" one.
Limited information has been published on institutional determinants of prescribing opioids and their possible relationship to the opioid epidemic.
Laughter provides numerous quantifiable benefits by improving one's physiology, psychology, and general quality of life, thus positing laughter as a valuable complementary medicine option for both disease prevention and treatment.
Dialectical behavioral therapy may be a useful tool to help manage the psychological and emotional aspects of chronic pain.
Results indicate that more than 75% of individuals with a current opioid addiction diagnosis, as well as 28% of control participants, presented with an addiction risk score over 52.
Preliminary results suggest that this transdermal analgesic is efficacious in reducing opioid use and pain scores in patients experiencing chronic neuropathy and musculoskeletal pain.
Embedded palliative care teams can be highly effective in transforming care within oncology centers.
An abuse-deterrent technology was developed to prevent rapid release of hydrocodone ER upon manipulation.
In Taiwan, a medical training program exposes students to both traditional and Western forms of medicine.
Read about the research presented at AAPM 2016
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Intrathecal Morphine, Ziconotide for Cancer- and Noncancer Chronic Pain
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Factors Associated With Suboptimal Interscalene Brachial Plexus Block for Arthroscopy
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- Scholarship Support Limited for Veterans Enrolling in MD Programs
- Alpha and Beta Band Activity in MS-Related Chronic Pain
- New Opioid-Induced Constipation Management Guidelines Available