Investigators sought to determine whether a patient-centered prescription opioid tapering program would be effective for reducing opioid doses in patients taking long-term prescription opioids.
Patients with V3 trigeminal neuralgia may get greater benefit from bipolar vs unipolar radiofrequency thermocoagulation.
A novel standardized spinal cord stimulation workflow may effectively and consistently alleviate back and leg pain associated with Failed Back Surgery Syndrome.
Genicular nerve cooled radiofrequency ablation may effectively relieve chronic knee pain associated with osteoarthritis and improve function for up to 6 months.
In patients with intractable spine and limb pain, spinal stimulation was associated with better pain reduction than medical therapy, with newer stimulation technology having better effects than conventional stimulation.
Interdisciplinary pain management programs incorporate physical and occupational therapy, pain psychology, medication management, and biofeedback.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Half of Patients Referred for Behavioral Treatment of Migraine Never Initiate Treatment
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Higher PainDETECT Scores, Neuropathic Pain Preoperatively May Increase Risk for Chronic Pain Post-TKR
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Erenumab Reduces Monthly Migraine Days in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Migraine
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- Communication-Based Intervention Increases Goals-of-Care Discussions Between Physicians, Patients With Serious Illness