Investigators sought to determine whether a patient-centered prescription opioid tapering program would be effective for reducing opioid doses in patients taking long-term prescription opioids.
Patients with V3 trigeminal neuralgia may get greater benefit from bipolar vs unipolar radiofrequency thermocoagulation.
A novel standardized spinal cord stimulation workflow may effectively and consistently alleviate back and leg pain associated with Failed Back Surgery Syndrome.
Genicular nerve cooled radiofrequency ablation may effectively relieve chronic knee pain associated with osteoarthritis and improve function for up to 6 months.
In patients with intractable spine and limb pain, spinal stimulation was associated with better pain reduction than medical therapy, with newer stimulation technology having better effects than conventional stimulation.
Interdisciplinary pain management programs incorporate physical and occupational therapy, pain psychology, medication management, and biofeedback.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Intrathecal Morphine, Ziconotide for Cancer- and Noncancer Chronic Pain
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Factors Associated With Suboptimal Interscalene Brachial Plexus Block for Arthroscopy
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- Scholarship Support Limited for Veterans Enrolling in MD Programs
- Alpha and Beta Band Activity in MS-Related Chronic Pain
- New Opioid-Induced Constipation Management Guidelines Available