Pennsylvania has adopted a multipronged approach to address the opioid crisis.
Dr Fudin discusses concerns he has regarding the CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain.
Anthony Mariano, PhD, provided guidance for clinicians for tapering patients off opioids.
Virtaj Singh, MD, highlights the successes of the Multi-society Pain Work Group (MPW), which resulted in Medicare modifying its approach to coverage.
Dr Stacey sought to highlight how the healthcare community reacted to and coped in the aftermath of the closing of the Seattle Pain Center, by coming together as a team and mobilizing state resources.
Clinical Pain Advisor offers comprehensive coverage of the American Academy of Pain Medicine's annual meeting, March 16-19, 2017, in Orlando, Florida.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis