Pennsylvania has adopted a multipronged approach to address the opioid crisis.
Dr Fudin discusses concerns he has regarding the CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain.
Anthony Mariano, PhD, provided guidance for clinicians for tapering patients off opioids.
Virtaj Singh, MD, highlights the successes of the Multi-society Pain Work Group (MPW), which resulted in Medicare modifying its approach to coverage.
Dr Stacey sought to highlight how the healthcare community reacted to and coped in the aftermath of the closing of the Seattle Pain Center, by coming together as a team and mobilizing state resources.
Clinical Pain Advisor offers comprehensive coverage of the American Academy of Pain Medicine's annual meeting, March 16-19, 2017, in Orlando, Florida.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis