In addition to genetic variability, several other internal and external factors play a role in medication metabolism.
In terms of sustainability, medicine must address the foundational elements of a patient's symptoms to be effective and sustainable.
The buphrenorphine transdermal system is abused less than other comparable opioids.
While symptoms improved equally in both groups, patients that received a second SGB injection saw even greater improvement.
Definitive testing can detect deviations from prescribed opioid treatment regimens.
Long-acting local anesthetic offers new option for pain control after major abdominal and thoracic surgery.
Common pain education and training curriculum aims to reduce inconsistencies in pain management for veterans and uniformed service members.
A portable transdermal fentanyl system showed significant benefit for postoperative mobility compared with IV and epidural patient-controlled analgesia.
Shifting from provider-centric care to coordinated care model important for improving patient satisfaction among those with chronic pain.
Minimally invasive technique outperformed conservative therapy for lumbar back pain.
The Risk Index for Overdose or Serious Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression (RIOSORD) can aid clinical decision support for safer pain management.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Lower Weighting of Hand Cortical Representations in CRPS
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?