Latest Features & Opinion
Pain resulting from osteoporotic fractures should be treated with a multimodal approach that includes pharmacological and nonpharmacological strategies.
Preliminary evidence has found an association between the cannabinoid system and other rheumatic conditions, but the studies have not provided conclusive results that could drive recommendations.
The use of non-opioid analgesic therapies is increasing among ED physicians.
Chronic low back pain (LBP) defined as persistent or fluctuating musculoskeletal pain of lower back and lumbar spine lasting >3 months.
Acute confusional migraine has not been specifically studied and many clinicians remain unaware of the condition, which may result in underestimation of the prevalence.
Although all of the guidelines acknowledge that there are emergent situations in which providing care for a family member or friend is not only permissible but also essential, other situations are frowned upon.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- FDA Approves Minimally-Invasive, Non-Drug Therapy for Pain Management
- Chronic Migraine and Medication Overuse Headache Linked to Stress
- Set of Personality Traits May Predict Prescription Drug Use, Misuse in Young Adults
- The Opioid Crisis: District by District
- Opioid Administration, Prescribing in the ED on the Decline in Recent Years