Generic Name and Formulations:
Radium Ra 223 dichloride 1000 kBq/mL (27 microcurie/mL) with a total radioactivity of 6000 kBq/vial (162 microcurie/vial) at the reference date; IV injection.
Indications for XOFIGO:
Treatment of patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer, symptomatic bone metastases and no known visceral metastatic disease.
See full labeling. Administer by slow IV over 1 min. 50kBq (1.35 microcurie) per kg given at 4 week intervals for 6 injections.
<18yrs: not established.
Women who are or may become pregnant. Pregnancy (Cat. X).
Not for use in women. Bone marrow suppression. Perform hematologic evaluation at baseline and prior to every dose. Before 1st dose, the ANC should be ≥1.5 X 109/L, platelets ≥100 X 109/L and hemoglobin ≥10g/dL. Before subsequent doses, the ANC should be ≥1 X 109/L and platelets ≥50 X 109/L; discontinue if no recovery within 6–8 weeks after last dose despite receiving supportive care. Monitor closely if evidence of compromised bone marrow reserve. Discontinue if life-threatening complications occur despite supportive care for bone marrow failure. Monitor oral intake and fluid status carefully. Males (use condoms) and female partners of reproductive potential should use highly effective contraceptive method during and 6 months after completion. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant chemotherapy: not established. Discontinue if concomitant with chemotherapy, other systemic radioisotopes or hemibody external radiotherapy.
Alpha particle-emitting radioactive therapeutic agent.
Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, peripheral edema, anemia, lymphocytopenia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia.
Single-use vials (6mL)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Fluoroscopically Guided Sacroiliac Interventions: Appropriate Use Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Relationship Between Pain and Negative Affect
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Naproxen Plus Muscle Relaxants vs Naproxen Monotherapy for Low Back Pain
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms in Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts