Generic Name and Formulations:
Radium Ra 223 dichloride 1000 kBq/mL (27 microcurie/mL) with a total radioactivity of 6000 kBq/vial (162 microcurie/vial) at the reference date; IV injection.
Indications for XOFIGO:
Treatment of patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer, symptomatic bone metastases and no known visceral metastatic disease.
See full labeling. Administer by slow IV over 1 min. 50kBq (1.35 microcurie) per kg given at 4 week intervals for 6 injections.
<18yrs: not established.
Women who are or may become pregnant. Pregnancy (Cat. X).
Not for use in women. Bone marrow suppression. Perform hematologic evaluation at baseline and prior to every dose. Before 1st dose, the ANC should be ≥1.5 X 109/L, platelets ≥100 X 109/L and hemoglobin ≥10g/dL. Before subsequent doses, the ANC should be ≥1 X 109/L and platelets ≥50 X 109/L; discontinue if no recovery within 6–8 weeks after last dose despite receiving supportive care. Monitor closely if evidence of compromised bone marrow reserve. Discontinue if life-threatening complications occur despite supportive care for bone marrow failure. Monitor oral intake and fluid status carefully. Males (use condoms) and female partners of reproductive potential should use highly effective contraceptive method during and 6 months after completion. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Alpha particle-emitting radioactive therapeutic agent.
Concomitant chemotherapy: not established. Discontinue if concomitant with chemotherapy, other systemic radioisotopes or hemibody external radiotherapy.
Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, peripheral edema, anemia, lymphocytopenia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia.
Single-use vials (6mL)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds