Generic Name and Formulations:
Lifitegrast 5%; oph soln.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for XIIDRA:
Signs and symptoms of dry eye disease.
Instill 1 drop twice daily (~12hrs apart) in each eye.
<17yrs: not established.
Remove contact lens prior to use; may reinsert 15mins after administration. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 (LFA-1) antagonist.
Instillation site irritation, dysgeusia, decreased visual acuity; hypersensitivity.
Single-use containers (0.2mL)—60
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Patterns of Non-Medical Prescription Opioid Use in Adolescents
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds