Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole nitrate 0.25%, zinc oxide 15%, white petroleum 81.35%; oint.
Indications for VUSION:
Diaper dermatitis complicated by candidiasis.
<4 weeks: not recommended. ≥4 weeks: Cleanse affected area and pat dry. Apply thin layer at each diaper change for 7 days. Do not rub into skin or use >7 days.
Not for preventative use. Candidal infection should be documented before starting therapy. Immunocompromised. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers.
Antifungal + skin protectant.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Remission Rates and Predictors of Chronic Headache
- Overuse and Underuse of Imaging Common in Low Back Pain Management
- Unit-Dose Packaging of Buprenorphine-Naloxone Effective on Unintentional Pediatric Exposure
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes