Generic Name and Formulations:
Uridine triacetate 10g; oral granules (95% w/w); per pkt; orange-flavored.
Wellstat Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for VISTOGARD:
Emergency treatment following a fluorouracil (5-FU) or capecitabine overdose regardless of the presence of symptoms or exhibits early-onset, severe or life-threatening toxicity affecting the cardiac or central nervous system, and/or early-onset, unusually severe adverse reactions within 96hrs following the end of 5-FU or capecitabine administration.
Limitations Of use:
Not for non-emergent treatment of adverse reactions associated with 5-FU or capecitabine. Safety and efficacy not been established for initiation >96hrs after 5-FU or capecitabine therapy.
10g (1pkt) every 6hrs for 20 doses. Mix in 3–4oz of applesauce, pudding or yogurt and ingest within 30mins; do not chew granules. Drink at least 4oz of water. Also: can give via NG tube or G-tube if necessary: see full labeling.
Base dose on body surface area; see full labeling. 6.2g/m2 (max 10g) per dose every 6hrs for 20 doses. Mix in 3–4oz of applesauce, pudding or yogurt and ingest within 30mins; do not chew granules. Drink at least 4oz of water. Also: can give via NG tube or G-tube if necessary: see full labeling.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea.
Single-use packets—4, 20
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use High in Migraine
- Sustained-Release Sodium Nitrite for Diabetic Neuropathic Pain Not Associated With Headaches
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Percutaneous Electrolysis May Be Useful Adjunct for Subacromial Pain Syndrome
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use