Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcium, elemental (as carbonate) 500mg, Vit. D 500Units, Vit. K 40mcg; soft chews; caramel and milk chocolate flavors.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for VIACTIV:
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not recommended. ≥4yrs: chew one piece up to 3 times daily.
Blocks tetracycline absorption. Absorption decreased by corticosteroids, foods such as rhubarb, spinach, bran. May inhibit iron absorption (separate dosing). Monitor oral anticoagulants.
Chews—60, 100; Flavor glides—60, 110
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury: Causes and Management
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Migraine Frequency Correlated With Depression and Anxiety
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms Among Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts
- CMS Launches Initiative to Analyze Regulation Impact on Patient Care