Generic Name and Formulations:
Mebendazole 500mg; chew tabs.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for VERMOX:
Trichuriasis (whipworm). Ascariasis (common roundworm).
Adults and Children:
<1yr: not established. ≥1yr: Chew completely before swallowing; if difficulty chewing, can add 2–3mL of water using a dosing syringe; wait 2mins and then swallow. Give 500mg as a single dose.
Risk of convulsions. Monitor blood counts if using higher doses or during prolonged therapy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Serious skin reactions (eg, SJS, TEN) with concomitant metronidazole; avoid.
Anorexia, abdominal pain, diarrhea, flatulence, nausea, vomiting, rash; neutropenia, agranulocytosis.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds