Generic Name and Formulations:
Benzyl alcohol 5%; lotion.
Indications for ULESFIA:
Adults and Children:
<6months: not recommended. ≥6months: Apply sufficient amount to dry hair to completely saturate scalp and hair. Short hair: 4–8oz; Medium length: 8–24oz; Long hair: 24–48oz. After 10 minutes, thoroughly rinse off with water. Repeat after 7 days. Wash hands after application.
Avoid contact with eyes. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Ocular irritation, application site reactions (eg, irritation, anesthesia, hypoesthesia), contact dermatitis, pruritus.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Patterns of Non-Medical Prescription Opioid Use in Adolescents
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds