Generic Name and Formulations:
Benzyl alcohol 5%; lotion.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for ULESFIA:
Adults and Children:
<6months: not recommended. ≥6months: Apply sufficient amount to dry hair to completely saturate scalp and hair. Short hair: 4–8oz; Medium length: 8–24oz; Long hair: 24–48oz. After 10 minutes, thoroughly rinse off with water. Repeat after 7 days. Wash hands after application.
Avoid contact with eyes. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Ocular irritation, application site reactions (eg, irritation, anesthesia, hypoesthesia), contact dermatitis, pruritus.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis