Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis A inactivated 720 ELISA Units (EL.U.), hepatitis B surface antigen (recombinant) 20mcg; per mL; susp for IM inj; aluminum adsorbed; contains trace amounts of thimerosal, formalin, neomycin, yeast protein.
Indications for TWINRIX:
Hepatitis A and hepatitis B immunization.
≥18yrs: 1 inj IM in deltoid area at 0-, 1-, and 6 months. Alternate 4-dose schedule: 1 inj IM in deltoid area at 0-, 7-, and 21 to 30-days followed by booster dose at month 12.
<18yrs: not recommended.
May defer in acute febrile illness or active infection. Bleeding disorders. Thrombocytopenia. Immunodeficiency: may get suboptimal response. Have epinephrine (1:1000) inj available. If given with immune globulin, use separate syringe and different site. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressives may reduce efficacy.
Inj site reactions, headache, fatigue, GI upset, fever.
Register pregnant patients exposed to Twinrix by calling (888) 452-9622. Report adverse events to VAERS by calling (800) 822-7967.
Single-dose vials—1, 10; Single-dose prefilled syringes—5
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA Takes Steps to Reconcile Needs of Patients With Chronic Pain, Efforts to Curb Opioid Epidemic
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Neuropathic Symptoms Worsen Quality of Life, Function in Hip, Knee Osteoarthritis
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- Switching From Buprenorphine-Naltrexone to XR-Naltrexone as Effective as XR-Naltrexone
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Human Diagnosis Project Aims to Address Challenges Among Uninsured
- Healthcare Technology Affects Younger Patient Satisfaction
- FDA Announces New Drug Shortages Task Force