TUSSIONEX PENNKINETIC CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 10mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 8mg; per 5mL; as polistirex; ext-rel susp.
Indications for TUSSIONEX PENNKINETIC:
Cough and upper respiratory symptoms associated with allergy or cold.
Use accurate measuring device. ≥12yrs: 5mL every 12hrs; max 10mL/24hrs.
Use accurate measuring device. <6yrs: see Contraindications. 6–11yrs: 2.5mL every 12hrs; max 5mL/24hrs.
Children <6yrs of age.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Respiratory depression esp. in children; discontinue if occurs. Post-op. Compromised respiratory function (eg, pulmonary disease). Abuse potential (monitor). Head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Underlying intestinal motility disorders. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Asthma. Hypothyroidism. Addison’s disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antitussive + antihistamine.
Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs. Paralytic ileus may occur with anticholinergics.
Nausea, vomiting, sedation, drowsiness, impairment of mental and physical performance, dysphoria, rash, pruritus; respiratory depression.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Analyzing Coverage of Nonpharmacologic Treatments for Low Back Pain
- Smartphone App Helps Evaluate Catastrophizing in Chronic Pain
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Dsuvia Gains FDA Approval: We Want to Hear Your Thoughts
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses
- FDA Grants Non-Opioid Analgesic VVZ-149 Fast Track Status
- Little to No Association Found Between Physician Performance and Medical School Ranking