Generic Name and Formulations:
Triptorelin pamoate 22.5mg; lyophilized microgranules for ext-rel IM inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for TRIPTODUR:
Treatment of central precocious puberty.
<2yrs: not established. Give as IM inj in buttock or thigh. ≥2yrs: 22.5mg once every 24 weeks. Discontinue at appropriate time point for onset of puberty. Consider switching to alternative GnRH agonist if Triptodur dose is inadequate.
Use aseptic technique. Must administer under physician supervision. Initial transient rise in gonadotropins and sex steroids may result in increased signs/symptoms of puberty. Monitor LH and sex steroid levels at 1–2 months after treatment initiation, during, and with each subsequent dose. Assess height every 3–6 months and bone age periodically. Monitor for psychiatric symptoms. History of seizures/epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorders, CNS anomalies or tumors: risk of convulsions. Renal or hepatic impairment. Discontinue if overdosage occurs. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant hyperprolactinemic drugs: not recommended. Caution with concomitant drugs that are associated with convulsions (eg, bupropion, SSRIs). May interfere with pituitary gonadotropic and gonadal function tests.
Inj site reactions, menstrual bleeding, hot flush, headache, cough, infections (eg, bronchitis, gastroenteritis, influenza, nasopharyngitis, otitis externa, pharyngitis, sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection); psychiatric events, convulsions.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Patterns of Non-Medical Prescription Opioid Use in Adolescents
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds