Generic Name and Formulations:
Guselkumab 100mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Indications for TREMFYA:
Moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis in adults who are candidates for systemic therapy or phototherapy.
≥18yrs: 100mg by SC inj at Weeks 0 and 4, then every 8 weeks thereafter.
<18yrs: not established.
Use under physician supervision. May increase risk of infections. Chronic or history of recurrent infection: consider the risks and benefits. If a serious infection develops or is not responding to standard therapy, monitor closely and discontinue until resolves. Evaluate for tuberculosis (TB) infection and treat latent TB prior to initiating. Monitor for signs/symptoms of active TB during and after therapy. Patients with active TB infection: do not initiate. History of latent or active TB (without confirmed adequate treatment); consider anti-TB therapy prior to initiation. Consider completion of all age appropriate immunizations according to current guidelines before starting therapy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant live vaccines: not recommended. Concomitant CYP450 substrates with narrow therapeutic index: monitor and adjust dose as needed.
Upper respiratory infections, headache, inj site reactions, arthralgia, diarrhea, gastroenteritis, tinea infections, herpes simplex infections.
Single-dose prefilled syringe—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis