Researchers reviewed evidence relating to the benefits and harms of cranial electrical stimulation for adults with chronic painful conditions, depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
Comparative chart of narcotic analgesics including formulations, strengths, and dosing intervals.
Guidelines for pharmacological prophylaxis of migraines chart
Treatment with lomerizine increases interictal regional cerebral blood flow and may reduce migraine in chronic migraineurs.
There is a suggested link between migraine and the presence of patent foramen ovale, with the suggestion that PFO closure surgery might be a preventative measure against future migraine attacks, but what are the consequences?
A treatment of intravenous hydromorphone was found to provide less pain relief for acute migraine than IV prochlorperazine in patients admitted to the emergency department.
For patients with chronic fatigue syndrome/fibromyalgia or rheumatoid arthritis, morphine has anti-hyperalgesic effects comparable with placebo.
Chart with medications used to treat neuropathic pain, including diabetic peripheral neuropathy, fibromyalgia, and postherpetic neuralgia.
The CDC has released a toolkit to help individuals protect themselves against Lyme and other tickborne diseases.
Adult doses for migraine and headache treatments including barbiturates, ergot alkaloids, and NSAIDs.
For patients presenting to the emergency department in pain, who are subsequently admitted to the hospital, the cost per hour in moderate or severe pain averted is higher for patient-controlled analgesia vs standard care.
Ketamine was found to alleviate several pain modalities, and a number of clinical trials investigating its efficacy are ongoing.
Naldemedine, a recently approved agent for opioid-induced constipation, showed good safety and significantly higher responder rates than placebo in a couple of 12-week, international, randomized trials.
Compare the abuse deterrent mechanism, special risk groups, contraindications, and warnings/precautions for FDA approved opioids.
Value-based care, an increasingly important concept in oncology, is grounded on the relationship between the efficacy and cost of an anticancer drug.
Information on fever-reducing medications including formulation, strength and dosage.
Standardized and clinically meaningful outcome measures in clinical trials in chronic pain may enhance efforts to develop effective treatments for chronic pain patients.
This study included phase 3 trial in patients taking baricitinib, adalimumab, or placebo in addition to methotrexate background therapy.
The Polyanalgesic Consensus Conference updated guidelines regarding the treatment of pain via intrathecal therapy.
The COR-12 treatment program includes group therapy and lectures that focus on opioid addiction, as well as 2 extended medication assistance options.
Researchers hypothesize that communicating opioid addiction risks to patients using real-life narratives could be effective and low-cost.
In states where marijuana is legalized for medicinal purposes, Medicare's prescription drug benefit program has lowered its spending due to reduced prescription drug use.
Manual therapy uses skilled passive movement of joints and soft tissues to improve range of motion, mobility, and function.
Treatment of older people with depression and pain should be multifactorial, including a psychological component with a focus on perceived control.
Combination of a motivational interviewing and enhanced brochures successful in reducing behaviors associated with opioid overdose.
These compounded sterile products are used for a variety of indications and are packaged in bags, syringes and cad cassettes.
Improved odds seen for patients with colon, prostate, or breast tumors, but research isn't definitive.
Craving is known to be influenced by patient-specific variables such as sex, negative affect, and history of SUD,but few studies have examined the impact of day-to-day changes in pain intensity.
AAPM will be changing its name to the American Academy of Integrative Pain Management in an effort to emphasize its focus on promoting integrative approaches to pain management.
Benefits for primary prevention of CVD, CRC for certain adults aged 50 to 69 years.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies, and Effective Treatments
- Betel Quid Addiction and Implications for Substance Use Disorder
- Peripherally Acting Opioid and Cannabinoid May Be Effective for Neuropathic Pain
- New Blood Test Shows High Accuracy for Diagnosing Fibromyalgia
- Positive Affect, Resilience, and Pain in MS With Chronic Pain
- Exploring the Connections Between Neuropathic Pain and Comorbid Mood Disorders
- Medical Marijuana Laws, Dispensaries May Reduce Deaths From Opioid Overdose
- Ketamine Infusion May Be Effective for the Short-Term Relief of CRPS-Associated Pain
- An Avenue for the Development of Opioid Adjuncts for Enhanced Analgesia, Reduced Abuse Potential
- Non-Opioid Therapies for Pain Management in the ED
- Opioids vs Nonopioid Medications for Chronic Back, Knee, and Hip Osteoarthritis Pain
- Conventional vs High-Frequency Spinal Cord Stimulation for Chronic Pain
- Evaluating Headache in the Elderly: Primary vs Secondary Causes
- Custom Foot Orthotics vs OTC Insoles for Plantar Heel Pain
- Once-Monthly Erenumab Injections May Be Effective for Episodic Migraine Prophylaxis