Diclofenac at 150 mg/day is the most effective NSAID for treating osteoarthritic pain and physical disability, while paracetamol had nearly no effect.
Boehringer Ingelheim has initiated a clinical study to investigate the interchangeability between an adalimumab biosimilar candidate and Humira.
Sequoia Sciences announced that the FDA has granted Fast Track Designation to its investigational vaccine for recurrent urinary tract infections caused by multi-drug resistant bacteria.
Primary care physicians can face many challenges in diagnosing conversion disorder; Dr Patricia Tsui sheds light on diagnosis and management in the primary care setting.
Etanercept therapy reduces clinical markers of disease activity in patients with psoriatic arthritis while stabilizing cardiovascular disease risk factors over a period of 5 years.
gammaCore, a hand-held device for treating episodic cluster headaches via mild electrical stimulation of the vagus nerve is now available in the United States.
Vaccinating against hepatitis B virus infection reduces the risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma in adolescents.
Remote electrical stimulation is an effective, noninvasive, nonpharmacologic alternative treatment to traditional medications for acute migraine.
The American Diabetes Association released an updated position statement on the prevention, detection, and management of diabetic neuropathies.
There is little evidence to support the utility of biomarkers to guide clinical care for optimal RA treatment.
A research group developed the algorithm through a year-long process of reviewing data, sharing their own clinical experiences, and considering feedback from geriatric and pain societies.
Understanding pain mechanisms for targeted treatments.
Studies describing novel treatment avenues and/or complementary and alternative medicines for the treatment of pain in Parkinson's disease.
The Identification of Pain in Mood Disorders: Toward Improving Comorbid Diagnoses and Treatment OutcomesJune 27, 2016
Studies examining the identification and use of screening tools for mental illness in chronic pain
New guidelines for treatment of migraine in the ED seek to reduce opioid prescription.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA's Flush List: Assessing the Environmental Impact
- Intrathecal Ziconotide Long-Term Efficacy and Safety for Severe Chronic Pain
- Sciatic Plus Femoral Nerve Blocks Effective on Total Hip Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Yoga Improves Health Outcomes in Veterans With Chronic Low Back Pain
- Morphine Lacks Efficacy for RA, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Uniport vs Multiport Catheters for Labor Epidural Analgesia
- Disease Activity Biomarker in Pediatric SLE
- Guidance on Preventing Medical Billing Errors
- Preemptive Analgesia With Acetaminophen Reduces Headaches Associated With Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Minimum Headache Duration Requiring Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Evaluation