Despite legislation, there is a longer wait time for vital acute-care medications.
Many patients significantly underestimated their daytime sleepiness and sleep need.
Chronic hypopituitarism was noted in 44% of US veterans with mild traumatic brain injury.
Machine-learning platform uses entire shape of cerebral blood flow velocity waveforms.
A new study presented at the AAN 68th Annual Meeting in Vancouver, Canada, is shedding more light on the incidence and impact of traumatic injuries in NFL players.
There was also a significant difference in hospital costs between the discharged and admitted patients, with an average increase in $4291.50 for admitted patients.
Rehabilitation following traumatic spinal cord injuries may lead to better outcomes, according to new research.
Wrist injuries are common after a fall on an outstretched hand, but ligament tears should also be considered in adults.
Both formulations offer an alternative delivery of the active drug ingredient.
Multiple instances of brain trauma do not always result in the development of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE).
Preschool children may be confused by scales designed for older children, and their responses may be idiosyncratic and hard to interpret.
Daily mild concussions in mice resulted in inflammation and damage to the brain's white matter.
Several studies suggest athletes undergo head trauma through the course of a season.
Researchers urge caution in weighing risks and benefits.
Acknowledging it is a key to coping, researchers say.
Fibrocartilage tissue in the knee consists of a more varied molecular structure than was previously realized
Notifying patients of potential winter storm-related harms ahead of time may help reduce injuries during blizzard-like conditions.
Researchers examined a variety of clinical, laboratory, and CT findings to see if they were predictive of death, and identified 9 factors statistically associated with mortality.
More than 75% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that tele-ICU systems are useful in their jobs and offer an opportunity to improve patient care.
The CPSC has issued a safety statement regarding the new must-have product of the season: hoverboards.
Researchers found that MAPCs were able to modulate the aggressive behavior of macrophages in lab animals.
By reminding ourselves of a few small safety tips, the holidays can be safer and more fun for everyone.
Research and resources geared toward non-veterans is not sufficient enough to help them.
A potential advantage of the less invasive procedure is that it avoids trauma to surrounding tendons, nerves, vessels and muscles during surgery.
Risk stratification, drug screening, and pharmacogenetic testing should guide prescribing habits.
More than 4000 fires occur every year on Thanksgiving Day, double the average amount of cooking fires. Protect yourself with these 10 tips.
In addition to hip fractures, fractures of the spine, shoulder, wrist, or clavicle can lead to a significantly increased risk of death.
Combat veterans face an elevated risk of developing PTSD and comorbid depression, which severely affects quality of life.
Evaluating for concussions, other sports-related injuries is imperative as student athletes head back to school and on to the playing field.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Predicting Pain Chronicization After Spine Surgery
- Chronic Low Back Pain Levels Vary Between Sex and Race
- FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
- Errors in Clinical Notes Generated by Speech Recognition Are Not Uncommon
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?