THYROLAR 1/2 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Liotrix (contains liothyronine sodium (T3) 6.25mcg and levothyroxine sodium (T4) 25mcg); tabs.
Indications for THYROLAR 1/2:
Hypothyroidism: initially one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 daily (long-standing myxedema: initially one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 daily); increase by one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 every 2–3 weeks; usual maintenance: one tab of Thyrolar 1 to one tab of Thyrolar 2 daily. Myxedema coma: see literature.
Hypothyroidism: <6months: one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 to one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 daily. 6–12months: one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 to one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 + one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 daily; 1–5yrs: one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 + one tab of Thyrolar 1/4 to one tab of Thyrolar 1 daily; 6–12yrs: one tab of Thyrolar 1 to one tab of Thyrolar 1 + one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 daily; >12yrs: more than one tab of Thyrolar 1 + one tab of Thyrolar 1/2 daily.
Uncorrected adrenocortical insufficiency. Untreated thyrotoxicosis.
Not for treatment of obesity. Cardiovascular disease, angina, elderly: use lower initial dose. Adrenocortical insufficiency. Monitor for craniosynostosis in infants. Pregnancy (Cat. A). Nursing mothers.
T3 and T4 (synthetic).
Monitor oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Estrogens affect thyroid function tests. Toxicity with larger doses of sympathomimetics (e.g., anorectics).
Hyperthyroidism; transient hair loss in children.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer