The tendency to overprescribe opioids and undertreat pain will swing back and forth until generalists and pain specialists can come to a common understanding about controlled substances and opioids.
A challenge frequently encountered at pain management clinics is the need to deliver an abundant amount of resources for patients
Clinical Pain Advisor interviewed Dr. Amy Baxter for "The Refill," a Q&A column designed to provide readers with various opinions, beliefs and suggestions on managing a pain management practice.
Today's expert: David Rosenblum, MD. Dual board certified in Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, Dr. Rosenblum is currently the director of Pain Medicine at Maimonides Medical Center. He also sees outpatients at his various office locations.
Gary Schwartz, MD, is an interventional pain physician practicing in Brooklyn, New York.
"The Refill" is a Q&A column designed to provide Clinical Pain Advisor's readership with various opinions, beliefs and suggestions on managing a pain management practice.
Our biggest challenge (and also opportunity) is to demonstrate our value as anesthesiologists and pain medicine specialists in the evolving healthcare landscape.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer