Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocortisone 2.5%; topical soln; paraben- and lipid-free.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for TEXACORT:
Adults and Children:
Apply a thin film to affected area 3–4 times daily.
Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Avoid eyes. Systemic absorption increased by prolonged use, application to large surface area, or use of occlusive dressings. Discontinue or reduce dose or potency if HPA axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria, or irritation occurs. Use lowest effective dose and potency (esp. in children). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, itching, irritation, dryness, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, skin maceration, secondary infection, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria; HPA axis suppression (esp. in children).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Analyzing Coverage of Nonpharmacologic Treatments for Low Back Pain
- Smartphone App Helps Evaluate Catastrophizing in Chronic Pain
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Dsuvia Gains FDA Approval: We Want to Hear Your Thoughts
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses
- FDA Grants Non-Opioid Analgesic VVZ-149 Fast Track Status
- Little to No Association Found Between Physician Performance and Medical School Ranking