Generic Name and Formulations:
Benzonatate 100mg perles, 200mg caps.
Indications for TESSALON:
Adults and Children:
Swallow whole; do not suck or chew. <10yrs: not recommended. ≥10yrs: 100–200mg 3 times daily.
Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Drowsiness, headache, dizziness, GI upset, pruritus, skin eruptions; confusion, hallucinations (rare).
Perles, caps—100, 500
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Relationship Between Pain and Negative Affect
- Fluoroscopically Guided Sacroiliac Interventions: Appropriate Use Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Naproxen Plus Muscle Relaxants vs Naproxen Monotherapy for Low Back Pain
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms in Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts