Generic Name and Formulations:
Benzonatate 100mg perles, 200mg caps.
Indications for TESSALON:
Adults and Children:
Swallow whole; do not suck or chew. <10yrs: not recommended. ≥10yrs: 100–200mg 3 times daily.
Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Drowsiness, headache, dizziness, GI upset, pruritus, skin eruptions; confusion, hallucinations (rare).
Perles, caps—100, 500
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis