With the rapid rise in technologic advances and the increase in medical specialties in the last half-century, the creation of a new specialty — the medical virtualist — could be an effective response to new care challenges.
Economic disparities and shortages of healthcare professionals worldwide have been implicated as key contributors to inadequate global healthcare access, particularly among individuals living in rural, low-income areas.
The adoption of telehealth technology continues to expand, but requires further research to fully realize the potential it has to address socially desirable goals such as improving the patient experience of care.
Benefits of telehealth in psychiatry include lower cost of care, higher rates of healthcare utilization, and fewer missed appointments.
Telerheumatology can improve healthcare access, patient outcomes, and costs
Patients in both groups were satisfied with their care.
Include defining minimum requirement necessary for establishing doctor-patient relationship.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Non-Opioid Therapies for Pain Management in the ED
- CBT vs Pain Education for Chronic Pain in Low-Income Clinics
- Factors Predicting Pain Outcomes After TKR for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Betel Quid Addiction and Implications for Substance Use Disorder
- Peripherally Acting Opioid and Cannabinoid May Be Effective for Neuropathic Pain
- Exploring the Connections Between Neuropathic Pain and Comorbid Mood Disorders
- Medical Marijuana Laws, Dispensaries May Reduce Deaths From Opioid Overdose
- Ketamine Infusion May Be Effective for the Short-Term Relief of CRPS-Associated Pain
- An Avenue for the Development of Opioid Adjuncts for Enhanced Analgesia, Reduced Abuse Potential
- Peripheral Neuropathy Management in the Primary Care Setting: A Guide
- Once-Monthly Erenumab Injections May Be Effective for Episodic Migraine Prophylaxis
- The Pros and Cons of Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing
- Predicting Best Outcomes of Intra-Articular Hyaluronic Acid Treatment in Knee OA
- Virtual Reality as a Distraction From Pain During Medical Procedures
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies, and Effective Treatments