The Intelis platform monitors patient activity 24/7, which means physicians can make treatment adjustments as needed.
Researchers are working on a new technology that could potentially allow clinicians the ability to print multiple drugs onto a dissolvable strip, a microneedle patch, or another type of dosing device.
Benefits of telehealth in psychiatry include lower cost of care, higher rates of healthcare utilization, and fewer missed appointments.
One physician shares her thoughts on hospital policies preventing recording in the emergency department and how to approach patients about the subject.
The FDA has permitted marketing of the first mobile app to help treat substance abuse use disorders, including alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, or other stimulants.
Technological advances can be helpful in juvenile idiopathic arthritis and are particularly well suited to younger people in general, who are more comfortable with device technologies and more likely to adopt them.
The FDA has cleared the non-invasive SpringTMS device for the acute and prophylactic treatment of migraine headaches.
Many patients record office visits, often listening back to the tapes themselves or sharing with their caregiver.
Patients who were able to read visit notes and submit feedback highlighted personal, relational, and safety benefits.
Doctors are now sharing confidential patient scans via Snapchat and The National Health Service has forced them to find other sources for sending and receiving scans.
An example of a simple use of technology that not only averted the inconvenience and discomfort for the child of a trip to the ER, but also avoided exposing him to additional illnesses and avoided exposing others to what he had.
The smartphone was made for doctors, and there aren't enough hours in the day to sing its praises.
Ideally, internet-based and mobile-device based platforms would work together to tailor the intervention based on patient responses.
We explore 5 technologies recently developed to manage pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality for Pain Relief: Understanding the Underlying Mechanisms
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Neuroinflammation in Neuropathic Pain Indicated by Elevated Levels of Proinflammatory Chemokines in CSF
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Hypertension in Chronic Pain: Risk Factors
- Liposomal Bupivacaine Effective for Shoulder Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Reducing the P-Value for Statistical Significance to Improve the Quality of Research?
- FDA's Strategies for Managing Patients Taking CNS Depressants and Opioids
- Electrotherapy, Acupuncture May Decrease Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Low-Dose Oromucosal Ibuprofen Effective for Relieving Sore Throat
- Survey Finds Teens Divided on Beliefs and Attitudes of Prescription Drug Abuse
- HIV-Positive Patients Experience Frequent Headaches
- Low-Dose Perineural Dexamethasone Prolongs Effects of Brachial Plexus Nerve Block
- Business Savvy Tips for Buying a Practice
- Diphenhydramine Decreases Pain During Colonoscopy for Chronic Opioid Users