Generic Name and Formulations:
Quinupristin/dalfopristin 500mg per vial (as 150mg quinupristin and 350mg dalfopristin); pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for SYNERCID:
Treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infections due to S. aureus (methicillin-susceptible) or S. pyogenes.
Give by IV infusion over 60mins. ≥16yrs: 7.5mg/kg every 12hrs for at least 7 days.
<16yrs: not established; doses of 7.5 mg/kg every 8hrs or 12hrs have been used in a limited number of children under emergency-use conditions (see full labeling).
Hepatic insufficiency. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant drugs known to prolong the QT interval. Potentiates CYP3A4 substrates (eg, midazolam, nifedipine, cisapride, carbamazepine, vinca alkaloids, taxanes, steroids, NNRTIs, protease inhibitors, statins); monitor esp. those with narrow therapeutic window (eg, cyclosporine, tacrolimus). May affect digoxin.
Inj site reactions, arthralgia, myalgia, GI upset, thrombophlebitis, rash, headache, pruritus; C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Examining the Efficacy of Different Oxygen Flow Rates for Cluster Headache Attacks
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- Daily Alcohol Use May Drive Chronic Pain in Adults With HIV
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- AHA/ACC Release Updated Guidelines for Cholesterol Management
- Women Fed Soy Formula as Infants More Likely to Experience Menstrual Pain