The prevalence of opioid abuse has not only resulted in a substantial increase in drug-related deaths and HIV transmissions, but has also led to an increase in the number of people infected with HCV.
Significantly less heroin cravings were reported in the extended-release naltrexone group and treatment satisfaction was also reported higher in this group compared to the buprenorphine-naloxone group.
New pharmacotherapies in combination with psychotherapy and counseling have proven effective in preventing relapse.
The FDA has permitted marketing of the first mobile app to help treat substance abuse use disorders, including alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, or other stimulants.
A 39-year-old man presents to the emergency department with 3 days of progressive bilateral leg pain, nausea, malaise, and no other symptoms. What additional tests should you order to make a correct diagnosis?
A 12-week CBT program led to reductions in PTSD and substance abuse in transgender women with HIV.
CPA reports on a new analgesic formulation designed to provide both immediate and prolonged analgesia for up to 12 hours in patients with acute pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Parenteral Hydromorphone for Migraine and ED Revisits
- Tackling the Chronic Pain and Opioid Use Disorder Crises Through Public-Private Partnerships
- Pain Tolerance in Buprenorphine Maintenance Treatment
- The State of Drug Storage, Disposal Labeling Information for Opioid Analgesics
- Incidence of Musculoskeletal Disorders, Depression in Migraine
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Chronic Hip Pain: Reviewing the Evidence
- Opioid Use Disorder Treatment: Evidence-Based Guideline
- Peripheral Neuropathy Management in the Primary Care Setting: A Guide
- Betel Quid Addiction and Implications for Substance Use Disorder
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies, and Effective Treatments
- Predicting Suicidal Ideation in Veterans With Chronic Pain
- Femoral Nerve Block Alone or in Combination With Sciatic Nerve Block for TKA: A Meta-Analysis
- Improved Care Efficiency Requires a More Manageable System
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine
- Medication Adherence, Blood Pressure Reduction Assessed With Smartphone App Use