The prevalence of opioid abuse has not only resulted in a substantial increase in drug-related deaths and HIV transmissions, but has also led to an increase in the number of people infected with HCV.
Significantly less heroin cravings were reported in the extended-release naltrexone group and treatment satisfaction was also reported higher in this group compared to the buprenorphine-naloxone group.
New pharmacotherapies in combination with psychotherapy and counseling have proven effective in preventing relapse.
The FDA has permitted marketing of the first mobile app to help treat substance abuse use disorders, including alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, or other stimulants.
A 39-year-old man presents to the emergency department with 3 days of progressive bilateral leg pain, nausea, malaise, and no other symptoms. What additional tests should you order to make a correct diagnosis?
A 12-week CBT program led to reductions in PTSD and substance abuse in transgender women with HIV.
CPA reports on a new analgesic formulation designed to provide both immediate and prolonged analgesia for up to 12 hours in patients with acute pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Half of Patients Referred for Behavioral Treatment of Migraine Never Initiate Treatment
- Emergency Physicians Offer Recommendations for Identifying and Managing Opioid Use Disorder
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Higher PainDETECT Scores, Neuropathic Pain Preoperatively May Increase Risk for Chronic Pain Post-TKR
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Erenumab Reduces Monthly Migraine Days in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Migraine
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- Communication-Based Intervention Increases Goals-of-Care Discussions Between Physicians, Patients With Serious Illness