No association was found between current statin use and the risk of developing systemic lupus erythematosus.
Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage in childhood-onset SLE is associated with serious disease flares, and is complicated by sepsis and high mortality rate.
Researchers have created a set of 21 candidate criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus as apart of a multiphase development of a set of criteria for the disease.
Fractional exhaled nitric oxide monitoring may provide a potential biomarker of disease activity and signify the emergency of pulmonary involvement in children with SLE.
The risk for death associated with SLE remains high for patients with SLE-associated PAH and researchers have identified the biomarkers that may lead to early detection.
Adjunctive subcutaneous belimumab plus standard care improves SLE Responder Index response and decreases disease flares
The Montreal Cognitive Assessment is superior to the Mini-Mental State Examination at detecting cognitive dysfunction in SLE.
A genetic variant that is associated with both multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus erythematosus has been identified.
A multidisciplinary group of international experts has released recommendations for the use of biologics in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Women who consume a moderate amount of alcohol daily had a reduced risk of developing systemic lupus erythematosus compared with women who did not consume alcohol at all.
Patients with systemic lupus erythematosus without overt neuropsychiatric symptoms displayed impairment of working spatial memory and cognitive dysfunction.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit