Generic Name and Formulations:
Selenium sulfide 2.5%; lotion.
Indications for SELSUN:
Tinea versicolor, dandruff, seborrheic scalp dermatitis.
T. versicolor: apply once daily, lather with small amount of water, wait 10 minutes, rinse; repeat for 7 days. Dandruff, dermatitis: massage into wet scalp, wait 2–3 minutes, rinse; repeat. Use twice weekly for 2 wks, then as needed.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes; acute inflammation or exudation (increases absorption). Rinse skin folds/genitals, wash hands thoroughly after use.
Irritation, sensitization, oily/dry scalp, increased hair loss.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Remission Rates and Predictors of Chronic Headache
- Overuse and Underuse of Imaging Common in Low Back Pain Management
- Unit-Dose Packaging of Buprenorphine-Naloxone Effective on Unintentional Pediatric Exposure
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes