SALEX SHAMPOO Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Salicylic acid 6%.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for SALEX SHAMPOO:
Apply to wet hair, lather and rinse. May repeat treatment as needed.
<2yrs: not recommended. 2–11yrs: see literature.
Children <2yrs old.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes. Active varicella or influenza virus: not recommended. Children, renally or hepatically impaired: monitor for salicylism (esp. with prolonged use over large areas). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Skin irritation, excessive erythema, scaling.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit